Many people wish to recover their old cash app account. Today we will be talking about how to recover an Old Cash App account easily. People mostly tend to forget their password to access their account, because of which they want to recover the old cash app account. Other than that maybe your account was temporarily closed or deactivated by the Cash App itself, whatever the reason is the only way to recover the old cash app account is by resetting the password to your old Cash App account.
You can submit the request to recover old Cash App account via Cash App itself or by visiting the website. You can ask for a password reset link to recover your account by mentioning your registered mobile number or Email address.
Read>>> Here is How Do I Deactivate Cash App With This simple Guide
An alternate way to recover your old Cash App account is by merging your new Cash App account with your old one. The first thing that users need to know is that they do not need to create a new cash app account every time they forget their email or passwords.
You have to keep in mind that once you have created your account on Cash App, it means your data is safe in the Square Cash Database. This means, that you can simply reach out to the customer service of Cash App and they will connect you to their representatives, by explaining to them your problem you are facing to access your old Cash App account you can get to know anything.
Some Steps You Need To Follow To Recover Old Cash App Account:
- Simply you just have to create a new Cash App account using the same details that you have used earlier.
- Now, that you have created your new Cash App account you need to activate your cash card for your new account by filling in all the required information such as name, social security number, date of birth, etc.
- Now, you have to connect your cash account to your bank account. Make sure you connect your new Cash App account to the same bank account to which the old one is connected.
- Now, that both the accounts are linked to the same bank account access the Cash App support section. To do so, tap on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- After that tap on SUPPORT. A number of options will appear in front of you. From the options available in front of you, select CAN’T ACCESS OLD ACCOUNT>.
- After that by mentioning your email address send a request to access your old account and provide all the details of your old account.
- Once you will SUBMIT the request, you will receive an email from the Cash App support team.
- Now, you have to verify some details related to your old cash app account.
- If your provided information is verified then Cash App will merge your old account with your new Cash App account.
- Finally, now you can use your old cash app account.
You may also like to read: How to access an old Cash App account?
What Details do You Need To Verify To Recover Your Old Cash App Account?
- You need to provide your bank account number which is connected to your old account which you wish to access again.
- You need to provide your first and last name properly.
- You will be asked to provide your $Cashtag of both the new and old cash app account.
- You need to provide your phone number and email address which is linked to your old cash app account.
- Now, provide your bank account last three digits, debit card last four digits and ZIP code of your old cash app account.
- You have to provide all the details mentions above of your new account also.
Steps to follow if you remember your old email and phone number:
- Launch the cash app on your smartphone.
- Now tap on the profile icon of the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the “PERSONAL” option.
- Provide your old email address and phone number.
- You will receive a sign-in code on your old email and phone number.
- Verify the code you just receive once you click submit and your email and phone number are verified Cash App will merge your new account with your old account.
You may also like to read: Here is How To Reactivate A Deactivated Square Account
How To Recover Old Cash App Account Without Phone Number?
Often people forget their old phone number or email address to which their account was connected. In that case, you need to follow the mentioned below steps:
- Create a new account if you haven’t.
- Now you need to be unable your cash card by providing the required information.
- Now click on the “PROFILE” option on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now select the “SOMETHING ELSE” option.
- Tap on CAN’T ACCESS ACCOUNT.
- After that go to Contact Support and submit your request to access your old account via email.
- Now you will receive an email from Cash App Support Team to verify some confidential information.
- After the verification is done properly Cash App will merge your new account with your old account immediately.
NOTE: Users should remember that once the procedure is completed and both the accounts have been merged this cannot be changed.