First of all, I would like you all to know that if you are thinking to deactivate your square account or delete your square account then you are not alone. Do many people think about how to delete a square account?
If you are looking for how to permanently delete a square account then you should know that technically you cannot delete your square account. But you can deactivate your square account.
But you should always know that the square app is a free app to use and there is always an option to keep your square account activated. They only charge you a transfer fee.
But still, if you want to know how to deactivate a square account keep on reading.
Read more about Easy Steps To Fix Why Is Cash App Popular ? Lets Find Out The Reasons (Guide)
- Disadvantages Of Deactivating Your Square Account?
- Why You Should Keep Your Square Account?
- If You Still Want to Delete Your Square Account?
- How to Delete Square Account Permanently?
Disadvantages Of Deactivating Your Square Account?
Once you make this big decision to permanently delete the square account, we would like you all to know what all are the drawbacks if you deactivate the square account:
- Once you delete your square account all your data and information including all the payment history will be inaccessible for you. This means you will not be able to access the information and data in your square account if you deactivate your square account.
- As soon as you permanently delete your square account you will lose all the records of any particular team members and customers who all are associated with your account. You will not be able to contact any of your team members or customers once you make a decision that I have to deactivate my square account.
- If you are a subscribed user of the square app then all the subscription to any square services will be terminated as well if you deactivate the square account.
Why You Should Keep Your Square Account?
As we have talked about the drawbacks of deactivating your square account now let’s talk about the advantages of keeping your square account.
Here we will talk about what the all square app offers you and why you should not leave this app.
- Firstly if you are using the square app you should know that square charges you per transaction only. That means you do not have to pay the square app for keeping your account active it is absolutely free of cost.
- The square app offers you free time card tracking services.
- The square app allows you to access your sales history and advanced reports with a square for absolutely free.
- All the square customers and team members’ information is stored in your account securely which you can access anytime anywhere by just logging in to your account.
- You will be able to access tax forms that are associated with your account for free.
If You Still Want to Delete Your Square Account?
Till now as you all know about both advantages and disadvantages of the square app and the square account.
Also, you guys know that you cannot permanently delete your square account you can deactivate it.
But still, if you decide that you have to deactivate your Square account for whatsoever reason and you need to know about how do I delete a square account keep on reading.
So, as you know once you deactivate your account all your information and will be lost with your account that is why to keep all the necessary information to yourself you should perform a few tasks before deactivating the square account Or Follow Cash App Query Guide.
Backup Your Cash Account Customer Directory:
Mentioned below are the steps to back up your cash account customer directory:
- Go to the ‘Customer’ option from the online square dashboard of your account
- Now, click on the import/export option from there.
- Then, select the ‘Export Customers’ option
- Now, you can select customers according to the group. If the customer is available in multiple groups it will be exported once automatically.
- Now, at last click on the ‘Download’ option.
The customer records will be downloaded as a. CSV file on your computer. You can open the file using MS Excel or similar software. For the best security, you can back up that file in the cloud as well.
Backup Your Square Account Library Items:
If you have a plan to create a new inventory later, the item library on your Square account might come in handy. So, you should take a backup of that list as well.
Mentioned below are the steps to backup your square account library items:
- Once you have signed in to your Square account, navigate to the ‘Items’ option from the online Square dashboard
- Now, click on the ‘Actions’ button
- And, then click on the ‘Export Library’ option from the top-right corner of the page
- Next, you can save the file in either .xlsx or. CSV file format. So choose the format you prefer
After that, a spreadsheet with the information of the item library of your Square account will be downloaded to your computer. You can upload it to any of your cloud accounts for further backup.
Backup Your Square Account Payment History:
The payment history of your Square account is also very important. Because this can come in handy for tax purposes, applying for a credit card or bank loan, and future reference.
Thus, you should take a backup of this information as well before deactivating your Square cash account. Mentioned below are the steps to backup your square account payment history:
- Sign in to your Square cash account with the required login credentials.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Balance’ option in the online dashboard of your Square dashboard
- In this step, you can select a date range such as last year or this year, etc. to get a clear view of the payment history
- For the best result, you should click on the ‘All Locations’ option to download all the payment history
- After you have selected the payment information you want to download, click on the ‘Export’ option
In doing so, the data will be downloaded on your computer. CSV format. So, you can open this file using either MS Excel or other similar software.
How to Delete Square Account Permanently?
The deactivating square account is a very simple process. But remember you cannot reactivate your again if you have deactivated it once.
But you can always recreate a new account for yourself. And now mentioned below are the steps on how to deactivate a square account:
- Sign in to your Square account with the valid email address and password
- Now, click on the ‘Account & Settings’ option from the online Square Dashboard of yours
- Now, look for the ‘Personal Information’ tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Here, you will find an option named ‘Deactivate Account. Click on that option
- Now, you will have to select the reason you are going to deactivate your Square account and click on ‘Continue’
- In this step, you will have to enter a verification that you will receive in either of the 2 ways:
- If your account is secured with 2-step authentication, the verification code will be sent to the associated phone number. Or else, you can an authenticator app
- In case, you haven’t enabled 2-step authentication on your account, you will receive the verification to the email address associated with your account
- Next, enter the code and click on the ‘Deactivate’ option.
That is it! You have deactivated your Square Cash account. But, some users have reported that they couldn’t deactivate their accounts even after this.
In such cases, you should contact the customer support team of Square from inside of your account.