In today’s world where people use so many applications at the same time, and it has become very hard for users to remember all their Email IDs and passwords at a point of time.
People use more than one email ID to access different accounts.
One more thing is that now a day’s people use 2-3 mobile phones for their day-to-day life that is why when they login to their accounts on one smartphone they tend to forget the password or email when they try to log in through another smartphone.
However, keeping this problem in mind today there are several ways to get back your old account by just following a few simple steps. But it sometimes becomes difficult to access your old account if it involves money.
If you are living in this digital world you must be aware of the Cash app which is a P2P (peer-to-peer) app that helps you to transfer, receive and request money by just following a few simple steps.
It is the easiest and the fastest way to transfer or receive money from anywhere anytime. Because of which today most people are using this app in their day-to-day life.
Anyway, if you are here because you want to know that how to access your old cash app account, you are at the right place.
Regardless of the reason why do you want to access your old cash app account, this step guide will help you with all that you need to know?
Read>>> Here is How To Deactivate a Square Account With This Simple Guide
How To Get Access to An Old Cash App Account ?
Steps To Access An Old Cash App Account?
The first thing that users need to know is that they do not need to create a new cash app account every time they forget their email or passwords.
You have to keep in mind that once you have created your account on the cash app, it means your data is safe in the Square Cash Database.
This means, that you can simply reach out to the customer service of the cash app and they will connect you to their representatives, by explaining to them your problem you are facing to access your old cash app account you can get to know anything.
Mentioned below are the steps you need to follow to gain access to your old cash app account:
- Simply you just have to create a new cash app account using the same details that you have used earlier.
- Now, that you have created your new cash app account you need to activate your cash card for your new account by filling in all the required information such as name, social security number, date of birth etc.
- Now, you have to connect your cash account to your bank account. Make sure you connect your new cash app account to the same bank account to which the old one is connected.
- Now, that both the accounts are linked to the same bank account access the cash app support section. To do so tap on the profile icon on the top right corner.
- After that tap on SUPPORT. The number of options will appear in front of you. From the options available in front of you select CAN’T ACCESS OLD ACCOUNT>
- After that by mentioning your email address send a request to access your old account and provide all the details of your old account.
- Once you will SUBMIT the request you will receive an email from the cash app support team.
- Now, you have to verify some details related to your old cash app account.
- If you provided information is verified then the cash app will merge your old account with your new cash app account.
- Finally, now you can use your old cash app account.
Read>>> Can Cashapp Freeze Your Account ? Here is what to know
What Details do You Need to Verify to Regain Access to Your Old Cash App Account?
- You need to provide you with a bank account number that is connected to your old account which you wish to access again.
- You need to provide your first and last name properly.
- You will be asked to provide your $Cashtag of both the new and old cash app account.
- You need to provide your phone number and email address which is linked to your old cash app account.
- Now, provide your bank account last three digits, debit card last four digits, and ZIP code of your old cash app account.
- You have to provide all the details mentions above of your new account also.
Steps to Follow If You Remember Your Old Email And Phone Number:
- Launch the cash app on your smartphone
- Now tap on the profile icon of the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the “PERSONAL” option.
- Provide your old email address and phone number.
- You will receive a sign-in code on your old email and phone number.
- Verify the code you just receive once you click submit and your email and phone number are verified cash app will merge your new account with your old account.
Read>>> Here is How Do You Recover Your Cash App Account With This Simple Guide
How to Access Your Old Cash App Account Without Phone Number?
Often people forget their old phone number or email address to which their account was connected. In that case, you need to follow the mentioned below steps:
- Create a new account if you haven’t
- Now you need to enable your cash card by providing the required information.
- Now click on the “PROFILE” option on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now select the “SOMETHING ELSE” option.
- Tap on CAN’T ACCESS ACCOUNT.
- After that go to Contact Support and submit your request to access your old account via email.
- Now you will receive an email from Cash App Support Team to verify some confidential information.
- After the verification is done properly cash app will merge your new account with your old account immediately.
NOTE: Users should remember that once the procedure is completed and both the accounts have been merged this cannot be changed.